18 East 34th Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401
Diocese of Georgia Prayer Cycle
This prayer cycle is also available as an easy-to-print pdf file: Prayer Cycle PDF.
Diocese of Georgia Prayer Cycle
(Updated May 30, 2020)
1. BISHOPS: Frank Logue (Diocesan); Scott Benhase and Henry Louttit (Retired); ST. GEORGE’S CHAPEL & DIOCESAN STAFF: Dade Brantley, Daniel Garrick, Walter Hobgood, Frank Logue, Loren Lasch, Maggie Lyons, Joshua Varner, and Katie Easterlin
2. ALBANY St. Patrick’s — Nicholas Roosevelt, St. John & St. Mark’s – Galen Mirate, Ridenour Lamb; ALBANY, St. Paul’s – Reed Freeman; AMERICUS, Calvary — Richard Nelson, Geri Nelson, Dianne Hall
3. AUGUSTA, Atonement – Billy Alford; Christ Church; Good Shepherd – Robert Fain, Andrew Menger, Lynn Prather, Bunny Williams; St. Alban’s – Billy Alford, Rosalyn Panton
4. AUGUSTA, St. Augustine’s – Jim Said, Kurt Miller, John Warner, Faye Forbes; St. Mary’s – Andrew Menger; St. Paul’s – George Muir, John Jenkins, Bill Dolen
5. BAINBRIDGE, St. John’s – Leslie Dellenbarger; BAXLEY, St. Thomas Aquinas – Steve Larson; BLAKELY, Holy Trinity, Joe Clift
6. BRUNSWICK, Good Shepherd, – John Butin; St. Athanasius; St. Mark’s – Alan Akridge, Gary Jon Jackson; Edward Williams; COCHRAN, Trinity – Joy Fisher
7. CORDELE, Christ Church – Tar Drazdowski, John Lane; DAWSON, Holy Spirit; DARIEN, St. Andrew’s & St. Cyprian’s – Ted Clarkson
8. DOUGLAS, St. Andrew’s – Donald Holland; DUBLIN, Christ Church; FITZGERALD, St. Matthew’s—Hallock Martin
9. HAWKINSVILLE, St. Luke’s– Judy Keith; HINESVILLE, St. Philip’s– Jose Vilar, Catherine Henderson
10. JESUP, St. Paul’s; KINGSLAND, King of Peace – Aaron Brewer; LOUISVILLE, St. Mary Magdalene—Terri Degenhardt
11. MARTINEZ, Holy Comforter – Cynthia Taylor, Our Savior – Al Crumpton
12. MOULTRIE, St. Margaret of Scotland – Stan Christian, Sally Shovar Byers; QUITMAN, St. James’ – Jim Elliott, Nancy Sartin Richardson; POOLER, St. Patrick’s – Bill Bruggeman
13. RICHMOND HILL, St. Elizabeth of Hungary – Dwayne Varas; RINCON, St. Luke’s – David Rose; ST. MARYS, Christ Church – Dedra Bell
14. ST. SIMONS, Christ Church – Tom Purdy, Ashton Williston, Katie Knoll Lenon, Rebecca Rowell, James Wethern; Holy Nativity, Tommy Townsend, R.V. Cate; JEKYLL ISLAND, St. Richard of Chichester, Buzz Yarborough
15. SANDERSVILLE, Grace – Carlton Shuford, Ira Jackson; SAVANNAH, Christ Church –Michael White, Helen White, Samantha McKean, Patti Davis
16. SAVANNAH, Community of St. Joseph; Epiphany—Michael Chaney; St. Francis of the Islands — Beverly Braine; St. John’s – Gavin Dunbar; St. George’s – David Lemburg; St. Matthew’s – Guillermo Arboleda
17. SAVANNAH, St. Michael & All Angels – Kevin Kelly, Nathan Wilson; St. Thomas’ – Melanie Lemburg; St. Peter’s – Hunt Priest, Kelly Steele
18. SAVANNAH, St. Paul’s – William Willoughby, Lauren Byrd, Robert Carter, Leonel Palanco, Victor Moreno, George Salley, Susan Gahagan, & BURROUGHS, St. Bartholomew’s Chapel
19. SWAINSBORO, Good Shepherd, STATESBORO, Trinity – Charles Todd, Steve Darby; THOMASVILLE, All Saints’ – Paul Hancock, Will Brown
20. THOMASVILLE, St. Thomas’ – Scott Mithen; Good Shepherd – Will Broan, Dennis McGill; TIFTON, St. Anne’s – Lonnie Lacy
21. TYBEE ISLAND, All Saints’ — June Johnson; VALDOSTA, Christ Church – Dave Johnson, Christ the King – Stanley White, Yvette Owens
22. VALDOSTA, St. Barnabas’ – Stephen Norris, Leeann Culbreath; VIDALIA, Annunciation — Denise Vaughn, Burt Derrick
23. WAYCROSS, Grace – Kit Brinson; WAYNESBORO, St. Michael’s –Larry Jesion; WOODBINE, St. Mark’s
24. EPISCOPAL CHURCH WOMEN; DIOCESAN YOUTH MINISTRIES; GEORGIA CHRISTIAN COUNCIL; RELIGIOUS ORDERS
25. CHAPLAINS: Lyde Andrews, Michael Chaney, William Dolen, Shelley Martin, Charles Todd, Erwin Veale
26. COMMISSION ON MINISTRY, THE STANDING COMMITTEE & THOSE STUDYING FOR HOLY ORDERS Postulants & Candidates – Leeann Culbreath, Susan Gage, Court Hooper, Casey Lavin, Gabriel Lawrence, Ken Shrader, Rita Spaulding, Greg Wellstead; Area Discernment Teams and those in the discernment process. CANONICALLY RESIDENT, SERVING OUTSIDE GEORGIA Kyle Carswell, Dwayne Cope, Lee Lowery, Ranie Neislar, Cheryl Parris, and Bradley Varnell
27. NON-PAROCHIAL & LICENSED CLERGY: Nancy Acree, Lewis Bohler, Steven Evans, Frazier Green, Don Hands, Ann Heinemann, Jennifer Highsmith, Mark Jones, Joel Keys, Buck Lea, Richard McDonnell, Prescott Nead, Ellen Francis Poisson OSH, and Theodore Valcourt, and John West
28. RETIRED CLERGY (not on parish list): Diocesan –Joslyn Angus, Theodore Atwood, Jim Bullion, Joye Cantrell, Michael Carreker, Dick Casto, Chad Chafee, Stella Clark, Jim Clendinen, Freeman Cross, James Crowther, Forrest Ethridge, Samir Habiby, Ted Harris, William Harris, Charles Hay, Charles Hoskins, Jacoba Hurst, Otto Immel, Peter Ingeman, Curtis Johnson, Judy Jones, William Littleton, Wanda Lucas, Patricia Marks, and Jamie Maury
29. RETIRED CLERGY (Not on parish list, continued): Marty Meuschke, Paschal Mingledorff, Louise Muenz, Aurel Muntean, Gene Paradise, George Porter, Douglas Renegar, John Rogers, Lou Scales, Linda Scales, George Scott, Ned Simmons, Dave Tonge, Richard Walkley, Konrad White, Natalie Whittle, Vernon Wiggins, Larry Williams, Ray Worthington
30. THE HONEY CREEK STAFF, Dade Brantley, GeorgeAnne Youngner, Sarah Youngner; DIOCESAN COUNCIL, and the COMMISSIONS & COMMITTEES of the Diocese of Georgia.
31. All faithful departed of the diocese
Currently Enrolled Employees
Please inform your currently enrolled employees (plan members) that they will receive a mailing from the Medical Trust approximately one week before their Annual Enrollment period. This mailing will provide them with a link to dedicated content on cpg.org, where members can clearly view and evaluate their 2020 plan options, and link to the Annual Enrollment website, where they will make their 2020 plan elections. In your communications, encourage your employees to begin reviewing their options and to research plans early.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Members will access the Annual Enrollment website with the same credentials (username and password) they created to access their benefits information on MyCPG Accounts. It is important for all participating employees to create an account on MyCPG Accounts prior to Annual Enrollment, if they have not already done so. For assistance, employees may contact the Client Services Team at (800) 480-9967, Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 8 PM ET, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existing employees who qualify for health coverage but are not currently participating in one of the Medical Trust plans are eligible to enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents during Annual Enrollment for the 2020 plan year. As we do not mail materials to these potential members, please send a communication to these employees informing them of this option as well as the plans and rates available to them and all applicable legal notices and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage. The Summaries of Benefits and Coverage, Annual Enrollment Guide, and Regulatory Notices are available at www.cpg.org/mtdocs.
2020 Summaries of Benefits and Coverage and Plan Document Handbooks containing more information about the available plans may be found on the Church Pension Group website at www.cpg.org/mtdocs. Please remember that you are responsible for providing newly eligible employees with a copy of all applicable Regulatory Notices and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage.
No Changes to Current Plan Selections
Please note that there are no changes to our current plan options for the coming year. However, members should still be encouraged to go online during Annual Enrollment to check their information (name, address, dependents, plan selection, etc.) and make changes if necessary.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Cigna Behavioral Health
In addition to the health plans, we offer a stand-alone EAP that you and your related entities may elect to offer to their employees who opt out of medical benefits coverage. (The EAP is already included as part of each medical plan offering.)
Note: If the EAP is offered on a stand-alone basis, the employer must pay for the EAP-only coverage. Requiring employees to contribute towards the cost of the EAP-only coverage would violate the Affordable Care Act and the employer could be subject to significant penalties. Eligibility for the stand-alone EAP program is limited to qualified non-members (e.g., an employee who is on a spousal plan and has opted out of medical coverage). Since these employees will not have the ability to select the EAP on a stand-alone basis during Annual Enrollment, enrollments must be completed by the group administrator with MLPS access.
Episcopal Diocese of Georgia Health Insurance Policy
To comply with the diocesan clergy minimum compensation standard, a congregation with a priest working at least 30 hours per week is required to assure insurance coverage. For those who do not otherwise have medical insurance provided through a spouse or an existing plan such as Tri-care, this means selecting at least the lowest cost option from the plans above.
For those in a High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account, the Diocese expects the employer will pay $200 per month or $2400 per year into the HSA for those electing the single HDHP and $400 or $4800 per for the plus one or family plan in the first year of coverage and to continue to pay $150 per month for Single HDHP and $300 per month for plus one, and $400 for family plans in subsequent years.
Please note that this information is published for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an offer of coverage, legal, medical, tax, or other advice. Please consult with your own professional advisor for further guidance. In the event of a conflict between this letter and the official plan documents, the official plan documents will govern. The Church Pension Fund and its affiliates retain the right to amend, terminate, or modify the terms of any benefit plans described in this letter at any time, for any reason, and unless required by law, without notice.
The Plans are church plans within the meaning of section 3(33) of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and section 414(e) of the Internal Revenue Code. Not all Plans are available in all areas of the United States, and not all Plans are available on both a self-funded and fully insured basis. The Plans do not cover all healthcare expenses, and Members should read the official Plan documents carefully to determine which benefits are covered, as well as any applicable exclusions, limitations, and procedures.
If you have any questions, contact the Canon for Administration, Katie Easterlin a email@example.com.